CIDER INDUSTRY OPEN-DAY: 23rd June 2017
The Orchard Centre is the base for Mitchell F&D Limited’s Cider & Perry Academy, which provides a unique & long-established range of internationally acclaimed training courses for the Cider Industry.
An award winning demonstration commercial cider & perry production facility and well-equipped laboratory is also based at the Centre, which as a model of best practice, supports the training programmes on offer.
As well as providing for hands-on practical work for course delegates, the production unit & laboratory also provides resources for process & product development work and R&D. Full access to the facilities is provided to assist new business start-ups and other clients develop their own products and enterprises.
Technical Open Day Overview: Open from 09.00 am to 5.00pm, the following opportunities are provided:
- Attending technical seminars & presentations as appropriate to individual interest (as programme). The main theme for the day is Management & Control of Yeasts & Bacteria in Cider Production
- Visiting trade stands: A number of equipment and material suppliers will be in attendance on the day.
- Meeting with selected technical specialists and equipment & material suppliers to discuss your own business requirements
- Networking with other cider and perry producers.
- Discussing ways in which the Cider & Perry Academy and associated facilities at the Orchard Centre can be used and accessed in support of your own business needs.
Technical Seminar Programe
|09.15||Opening Remarks||Peter Mitchell|
|09.30||Caring for the Consumer: Legal Obligations and Best Practice||Trading Standards & Environmental Health|
|10.30||Good Fermentation Practices for Cider||Lallemand|
|11.30||Effective Sanitisation for Cider Production||CCL Pentasol|
|12.15||Yeast Nutrition for Cider Fermentation||Eaton|
|13.45||Multi-Yeast Strategies for Cider Fermentation||Lallemand|
|14.45||Detection, Prevention & Treatment of Biofilms||Freedom Hygiene|
|15.30||Controlled Malo-Lactic Fermentation||Eaton|
|16.15||Cider Fermentation Management Case Study: Orchard Centre Production||Peter Mitchell|
A leading developer, producer and marketer of select natural yeasts, nutrients and bacteria as well as a distributor of winemaking enzymes, Lallemand is a privately held Canadian company. While active on all five continents, the Oenology Division in Toulouse, France, dedicates a large part of its operations to research and development, both internally and in collaboration with renowned research institutes.
The Three Counties Cider and Perry Association was founded in 1993 by a group of craft scale cider makers. The Aims of the Association are to:
Please scroll down the page for further information, details of our sponsors & other exhibitors and for booking