FRUIT PROCESSING & BOTTLING SERVICES
- Do you have apples & pears you want to process?
- Do you have drinks you want to make & bottle?
- Do you wish to develop new products?
Then, come to The Orchard Centre!
Fruit Processing & Juice Production
Two options are available:
- Small-scale electric fruit mill and hand-operated rack & cloth press for batches of apples & pears weighing 40kg and upwards. Up to 500kg of fruit can be processed in a day.
- Medium-scale fruit handling, centrifugal mill and hydraulic press for batches of apples & pears weighing 250kg and upwards. Up to 1000 litres of juice can be produced in a day.
Fresh-pressed juice can also be bottled & pasteurised if required.
A fully temperature controlled cider, perry and wine fermentation system is also available for use.
Final Processing & Bottling for Cider, Perry & Other Beverages
- Initial processing: Filtration, product blending, chilling & carbonation.
- Bottling: For still & carbonated products into glass bottles.
- Product Stabilisation: In-bottle pasteurisation and use of preservatives as appropriate.
- Labeling & Casing: Label application (single label). Shrink-wrap casing.
Normal minimum run capacity is 250 litres, but smaller quantities can be processed if necessary. The bottle filler is rated up to 250 x 500ml bottles per hour (less for larger bottles), but the total amount produced in a day is dependent what processes are carried out and the type of product to be bottled.
How can you access the facilities?
- A supervised self-help service is provided. After initial training, individuals and businesses will be able to book and use the facilities themselves, under the guidance of expert staff.
- All work can be contracted to us to do for you.
A flexible menu-based system is used to determine the most cost-effective solution to your requirements. Users can source their own materials (e.g. bottles) or obtain them through The Orchard Centre.
For Further Details & Costs contact us:
Tel. 07512 898365 / 01531 828330 Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Download an information leaflet HERE