PROBABLY THE MOST RESPECTED SOURCE OF INFORMATION, TRAINING, ADVICE & SUPPORT AVAILABLE ANYWHERE IN THE CIDER AND PERRY INDUSTRY
Special 3 Star Production & Process Development Services
Business Planning & Development
Over many years, Peter has provided consultancy support and advice to numerous new & growing businesses across the world. Such work includes:
- Initial business scoping & planning.
- Facility & plant layout and equipment selection & use.
- Development of processes, procedures, specifications, product recipes, QA & QC systems and record keeping
Ongoing Consultancy Support
Further to the above, the following is also undertaken:
- Trouble-shooting, sensory evaluations and auditing.
- NPD and process reviews & improvements.
- Staff training and other ongoing advice as required.
New Product & Process Development
In addition to work being undertaken on-site at a client’s location, in the UK Mitchell F&D Limited has a comprehensive range of pilot-scale and laboratory equipment available for R&D and trial work as follows:
- Juice production equipment
- A set of three 100 litre fully controllable stainless-steel fermenters for fully managed & monitored trial work & process development.
- Laboratory-scale blending, filtration, carbonation, packaging & pasteurisation.
- Monitoring and laboratory analysis including %ABV, SG, CO2, acidity & pH, SO2, spectrophotometer-based assay kits (e.g. for fermentable sugars, organic nitrogen, organic acids etc) & colour.
Additional scale-up work can also be undertaken in conjunction with Hartpury Process Limited. Their own process equipment includes:
- Fruit processing and juicing up to a rate of at least 1,250 litres per day.
- Two 1000 litre stainless steel temperature controlled fermenters.
- Filtration, bottling & pasteurisation of still product.
Facilities can be accessed on a supervised self-help or fully contracted basis.